Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Matthew 18:7-9

Verse 9- "If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.  It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

This verse is part of a very hard truth.  We as followers of Christ need to be willing to get rid of things that are temptations in our lives.  We all have these things in our lives and we all need to start gouging out eyes and cutting off feet.

I know someone right now that, in my opinion, needs to grab a saw.  She is a very good person but she is in a relationship that will cause her to sin.  It is hard though, because relationships are the hardest limbs to remove.  However, infectious limbs that aren't removed can be the most deadly.  So it is worth a little pain now to avoid a greater pain later.

So what limb do you need to remove?  What is causing you to sin?  As a guy I can tell you there are too many things to count sometimes, but Jesus says we need to start cutting and gouging.

It all comes down to worth.  How much is Jesus and His Kingdom worth to you?  By not removing things that cause us to sin we are saying, "I value ______ more than Jesus and His Kingdom."

Remember that Jesus by sacrificing Himself on the cross shouted with His actions, "I value my Father's Will and your soul more than anything!"

So be ready to make a tough decision and make living the holy life Christ called us to easier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment