Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Kid

Today is St. Patrick's Day.  My little brother Patrick just turned 18 today.  So, Happy Birthday Kid!  It seems a little weird that my little brother is 18.  And it seems a little weird that my little brother is only 18, I mean grow up faster.

When we were growing up he was the leech that got to hang around me and my friends even when we didn't want him there.  He also is the one who got picked on by my friends and me pretty regularly.

But the kid has turned out okay so far.  He knows a lot more than many expect and a lot less than he thinks he does, but I guess that could be said for all 18 year old boys... err men.  So I'm proud of my kid brother and I hope that he accepts his next step which is dropping the things of childhood and taking on the role of a young man.

So buddy, I'll leave you with this.  Be obedient and observant to those who are older and wiser than you.  And "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."  (1 Tim 4:12)

Happy Birthday Kid!  Now continue to change the world.

1 comment: