Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Lukewarm Christian?

So today I've been working on the message for Wednesday night's youth group.  We are reading the book "Crazy Love", which I highly recommend, and we are on chapter 5 for this week.  So this post will give you a little preview of the chapter and may be some free advertising for Mr. Francis Chan.

Chapter 5 is called "Serving Leftovers to a Holy God".  This is a tough chapter because I am so guilty of serving my God the scraps of my life.

In the chapter before Francis gives a profile of a "lukewarm Christian" (that chapter is very convicting).  In this chapter he speaks about "lukewarm Christians"and the idea of giving God less than your best.  Here is one small piece of the chapter that slapped me in the face when I read it:

"... churchgoers who are 'lukewarm' are not Christians.  We will not see them in heaven."

Wow.  That is scary stuff.  The term "lukewarm Christian" is an oxymoron!  Jesus demands our everything and He deserves it.  However, we still hold back our best for some stupid reason.

So, I'm sorry to maybe have ruined your day.  But if you are a "lukewarm Christian" reading this I pray that you will commit your whole self to Jesus before He spits you out like He promises to in Revelation.

If you are a true Christian with "lukewarm" tendencies I want to remind you how beautiful and amazing grace is.  We are not going to be perfect (although we continue to run our race toward Christ-likeness) and God's grace covers our imperfection perfectly.  So remember that there is nothing that can take you out of His hand after you give yourself to Him.

Are you "lukewarm" or do you just have some of the symptoms?  Check yourself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment