Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Matthew 19:13-15

"Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place His hands on them and pray for them.  But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.  Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'  When He had placed His hands on them, he went on from there."  Verses 13-15

I have great parents.  Growing up they made it easy for me to find Jesus wonderful.  My parents had Bible stories on cassette that I listened to every night.  They made church a fun place to be.  They read Bible stories to me and let me ask questions.  Every night I got tucked in by my Dad or Mom and we prayed before I went to sleep.

I've decided that when I'm a parent if I don't do those things listed above I will have failed.  We have a responsibility, whether as parents or not as parents, to "let the little children come to Jesus".  We need to make it as easy as possible for the children in our church and in our lives to find Jesus wonderful.

If we hinder the children from coming to Jesus we are spiritually handicapping them.  What a shame it is that anyone should waste any time not belonging to Jesus.  I mean if Jesus wants them they will belong to Him, but what a blessing it is to know Jesus from an early age.

So thank you Mom and Dad for pointing me to Jesus.  I'd hate to think of the time I would have wasted and the growth I would have missed without your Godly parenting.

For those of you who have little ones looking up to you (and that's every one of you) be sure to act like a compass pointing toward Christ.  Let the little children in your world come to Jesus today.

1 comment:

  1. You are very blessed to have this heritage and wise to recognize it.
    cjw

    ReplyDelete