Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Trust You Jesus. Amen.

So yesterday I met a man named Dave Burrier.  Great guy with a passion for helping the homeless and furthering the Kingdom.  Dave talked about four prayers he teaches that he calls "Hemi Prayers".  These four are short prayers guaranteed to change you life if you say them enough and believe in them.

One he had on his list was this: "I trust you Jesus.  Amen".  Very simple but life changing if we really do learn to trust Jesus.

So this morning as I was walking from my house to my garage I said, "I trust you Jesus.  Amen."  I then got in my car and turned the key.  Nothing.  My engine didn't even start to turn over.  I turned the key again.  Nothing.

I chuckled a little and then said, "I still trust you Jesus.  Amen."

I then got out of my car and messed with the battery cables because I had changed my battery terminals just a while back and I thought maybe they were loose.  I got back in my car and turned the key.  Nothing.

"I just want to go to church Jesus.  Why are you testing me this morning?  I trust you Jesus.  Amen."

I pop the hood again.  Messed with the battery cables' connection to the terminal, again.  "I trust you Jesus. Amen."

I then sat down and turned the key.  Vroom.

"Thank you Jesus.  Amen."

This morning God taught me to trust Him.

What did you learn on your Sunday morning?  Maybe you learned something from your pastor's sermon.  Maybe you learned something in Sunday School.  Please share what you learned today.  I really enjoyed reading the comments last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment