Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Nip it in the bud

So I want to nip a fear in the bud.  And it is nip it in the bud not the butt.  If you've been saying butt you've been saying wrong.  Sorry, pet peeve.

If you do the "follow by e-mail" I do not get your e-mail address and I will not spam you to death.  That is just a new way to get notified when a new post is made on a blog.  I mean, I wish others had this so I didn't need to randomly check their blogs.

So use it if you'd like to.

I will leave you with a really awesome story I am ripping off from the book "The Christian Atheist: Believing in God but Living as if He Doesn't Exist." by Craig Groeschel.

My daughter Anna had been saving her money faithfully to purchase a digital camera.  She asked for odd jobs to make a few dollars to help her reach her goal.  One afternoon as she and Amy leafed through the mail, they came across a request for money to purchase Bibles.  It bothered Anna deeply that many people didn't have access to God's Word.  When Anna continued to ask for jobs, we'd find something for her to do for an extra fifty cents or a dollar, assuming it would go toward her camera.  After several more days, our ten-year-old brought us forty dollars in ones and change.

"I've decided other people need Bibles more than I need a camera.  Would you send this money to help them get Bibles?"

"Anna, are you sure that's what you want to do with this?"  I asked.

She smiled.  "Of course, Dad.  Isn't that what it means to be a Christian?"

1 comment:

  1. It is so awesome what children can teach us...they seem to catch what we adults often miss.

    Thanks Matt. This was very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete