Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Line-dancing, Paul and Timothy

So last night I got to go line-dancing.  It was a lot of fun, even though I was awful at it, and I got to think a little about Paul and Timothy while doing it.  I know what you're thinking, "How does line-dancing make you think about Paul and Timothy?" or "You are a messed up, dude."

Yes, it is a little messed up, I guess, to think about Paul and Timothy while line-dancing but recently God has spoken very clearly to me more often.  I suppose I'll credit my Lent challenge for that.

Anywho, back to line-dancing, Paul and Timothy.

The other day my little brother wrote a short blog about how every man needs a Paul and every Paul needs a Timothy.  This is the basics of discipleship.

Well, as I was line-dancing I found a Paul named Curt.  No, we didn't talk about Jesus at all, but Saturday night Curt was my Paul.  As I attempted to line-dance I watched every move Curt made.  I swiveled my head as we did our turns so I could watch Curt dance.  You see, Curt was the best dancer out on the floor and when you line-dance you should watch the one who knows what they are doing.  When I was able to watch Curt I was able to somewhat line-dance... somewhat.

We need to take line-dancing lessons in our walk with Christ.  Find a Paul to watch.  Pauls are Christians that are further along in their run toward Jesus than you.  These people need to be watched and studied.  Of course they are not the ultimate example, Jesus is, but they can help you visualize what it really looks like to run the Christian race.

I have so many Pauls in my life and I am thankful for them, even if they don't know I'm watching them.  I also am very aware that I may be someone else's Paul without knowing it and that makes me very careful not to lead unknown Timothys astray.

So remember that every person needs a Paul and every Paul needs a Timothy.  Line-dance for Jesus on your run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment