Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Charlie Sheen vs. the Easter Bunny

I'll take a short break from the reasons Jesus came to die.  Today I'm a little upset about how we Christians have let Easter become marginalized.

I speak with a lot of business owners for my job and this Easter season I've heard one thing frequently.  Easter really isn't that big of a deal.  Now they mean for business.  Now, I'm not arguing for the commercialization of Easter.  But to most, Easter means maybe going to church, eating lunch or breakfast, looking for Easter eggs, maybe an Easter basket filled with chocolate bunnies and Cadbury Eggs  and then nothing more.

Easter is so much more than that.  Why have we Christians allowed a tradition like that to be a tradition?  I'm not saying the Easter Bunny is evil, I'm saying that it is a ridiculous way to celebrate the greatest event in history.

Easter is not about having a casual day, or about the Easter Bunny, it is, to quote Charlie Sheen, about "winning... duh". You don't have to have tiger blood and adonis D.N.A. to figure that out.

Christians, Easter should be our biggest celebration of the year.  Yes, Good Friday can be sad and convicting, but Easter needs to be a party.

Easter is about "winning... duh."

1 Corinthians 15:54-58: "'Death has been swallowed up in victory.' 'Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?' The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.  But thanks be to God!  He gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.  Let nothing move you.  Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

Jesus defeated death, sin and Hell in His resurrection. He won, and He gives us the winnings.  All we have to do is accept Him for who He is... the Undefeated Champion of the Universe and Beyond.  Jesus on the cross and in the resurrection was "winning... duh."

Celebrate this amazing victory with all your might today.

No comments:

Post a Comment