Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

If You Ain't Gettin' Blocked...

So I got some feedback on the last post from someone anonymous and I'd like to thank you to that person.  This person seemed a little upset at my last post and I'll admit that it wasn't my best.  But, thank you Anonymous for your feedback.

Matthew 5:11-12- "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.  Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Now, what Anonymous wrote is probably not real persecution or a real insult if you ask most of the world, but I want to thank him/her anyway.  Jesus says that anytime we face insults we get a reward in heaven.  So, I hope to pile up more rewards.

Also, I remember my high school football coach (sorry to  those who hear me use this all the time).  Coach Mac would say, "If you ain't gettin' blocked you're going the wrong way" (actually he hardly ever said "ain't" but it sounds better that way).  If a defensive lineman isn't getting blocked he should be shouting "Screen, Screen!" to his teammates because he is going the wrong way if he keeps running to the backfield.  If a linebacker goes left and isn't getting blocked, it's because the play is going right most likely.

So, if you ain't getting blocked as a Christian you are probably going the wrong way.  Satan doesn't mess with Christians heading oposite of the play side of action.

Thank you anonymous.  You are a road sign that says, "Right Way.  Continue Running".

Finally, Anonymous, and maybe I'm wrong, but it's nice to know this blog isn't being read by just a bunch of Christians.  I love writing to my brothers and sisters, but I really hope that the Holy Spirit uses this blog to convict and transform those who don't yet know Jesus.

Thank you Anonymous and know that I'm praying for you.  And brothers and sisters rejoice and be glad when you are insulted today.

1 comment:

  1. just make sure you don't go insulting just to "pile up rewards"

    ReplyDelete