Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, April 25, 2011

For God So Loved You

Fill your name in the blanks:

"For God so loved_________that He gave His one and only Son, that if__________ believes in Him __________ should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

This verse is so awesome and so true.  But how can it be true for you?  It's as easy as ABC.

A= Admit.

Admit that you are a sinner in desperate need of a savior.  Admit that you can't do it on your own.  Admit that your best isn't good enough.  Admit that Jesus is enough.

B= Believe.

Believe that John 3:16 can be true for you.  Believe that Jesus is the Son of God.  Believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, was crucified, died, was buried and was raised from the dead.  Believe that Jesus defeated death and sin.

C= Commit.

Commit your life to God the Father, Son and Spirit.  Make your life no longer yours but God's.  Commit to running the race God has set before you.

It's easy as ABC.  Just pray a prayer like this.  "Lord, I need you.  I tried doing it on my own and I've realized I can't.  I believe that you died for my sin as a perfect sacrifice and that you were raised from the dead.  You are my God.  I want to give you my all.  Use me, because I'm yours."

If you pray something like this, look out because God is going to do amazing things in your life.  You will receive the Holy Spirit and you are guaranteed to spend eternity in heaven with God.  If you prayed this prayer and meant it, I'm so happy for you.  Now, go find a church that preaches the Gospel.  If you go to a church and they don't open the Bible, don't go back.  However, find a good church and let the pastor know the decision you have just made so that he can be used by God to help you start your race as a young follower of Christ.

Start your new life with Jesus at the helm today.  If you are already a believer, use this time to make sure Jesus is the captain of your life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment