Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Letter to my Child

Today I got the pleasure of meeting Elisha Baker.  Little Elisha is just a day old and is the beautiful son of my friends Jay and Becky.  Thank you Jay and Becky for letting me hold your little guy today.  As I held little Elisha I couldn't help but thinking about my child.  No, I don't have a child yet, but I thought about him/her.  So, I want to write a quick letter to him/her.

"Hey bud,
I can't wait to finally meet you.  Oh, I should introduce myself, I'm your dad.  You don't know me yet, but I want to tell you a few things you can expect from me:

I will be there for you.  I'll be there to hold you when you are scared.  I'll be there to provide food, clothing and shelter for you.  I'll be there to teach you to ride your bike, play sports, tie your shoes... all that important stuff.  I'll hold you on my shoulders so you can see the concert or fireworks.  I'll tell you Bible stories and pray with you every night.  I'll answer any question you ask.  I'll try to be worthy of your adoration, but I'll be ready when you think I know nothing.  I'll introduce you to Jesus.  I'll love you, even while I discipline you.  I'll teach to drive.  I'll love your mom until the day I die.

Bottom line is I'll always love you.

I can't wait to meet you.  Between that day and now I'm going to keep preparing myself to be ready for you.

See you soon,

Dad."

I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this post, but I'm allowed every once in a while to use it as my personal journal.  I'll be back in the book of Matthew next time.

Appreciate your Heavenly Father, who never fails you, today.

2 comments:

  1. You will be a great dad :) Cant wait to see your ginger babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that I am not the only person in the world that has written a letter to their future children. :)

    ReplyDelete