Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Happy (Early) Birthday Christine!

Tomorrow is my wife's 27th birthday. 

Christine is the type of woman that makes a man a better man.  She is so good that I'm left wondering how I could deserve her.  Christine has been to me a forgiver.  She has forgiven me for my past mistakes and shortfalls and she has continued to forgive me when I screw up or disappoint her.  In fact, she forgave me about 15 minutes ago for being a jerk.  Her forgiveness reminds me of what Jesus has done for me.  I never worry that she'll ever give up on me.

Christine is an amazing wife.  She loves me sincerely and deeply.  She is my best friend and she is the one I can't wait to hug and kiss after a long day.  I know that in Heaven there is no marriage but Christine and I have agreed that we'll be best friends for eternity and I'm so glad eternity with her has already started.

Christine is an incredible mom.  This is her first year as a mom of a child outside her womb.  Last year she was pregnant and wondered what kind of a mom she'd be and this year she's doing it and amazing me every day.  There are many days when I wonder how on earth she knows what to do with him, but she's nearly always right on how to care for our son.  Joshua hit the lottery on getting Christine as his mother.

I'm writing this post today so I won't have to spend time away from her on her birthday writing about her.  I'm glad her birthday is on a Sunday so I can spend all day with her.

"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
'Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:10, 28-29

I have found a wife of noble character that is my diamond.  Christine, many women do noble things but you surpass them all!  I promise, though imperfectly, to love you today, tomorrow and forever.

Happy Birthday, Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment