Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Alone

Today is Palm Sunday.  Today was a great day of worship again.  This morning we heard a great message, I got to watch my little boy wave a palm branch during a song and that warmed my heart, but I tell you my favorite part of worship was the connection between Discipleship Class and two songs during music worship.

In Discipleship Class we're studying the book of Galatians.  Today we talked a lot about how we cannot earn salvation.  We discussed how those who teach that we must earn salvation preach a false gospel.  The Gospel says that we are saved by God's grace alone.

During music worship we sang "Rock of Ages" as adapted by Charlie Hall and "Cornerstone" by Hillsong.  The word that stuck out to me was the word "alone".  These two songs could easily have been the lesson during Discipleship Class. 

Listen to these songs and take to heart the times when they say "alone".  Pay attention to the way, especially the traditional words of "Rock of Ages", these songs highlight that the Gospel is good news about what God has done for us, not what we do for God. 

Worship and thank God that He alone saves today.



No comments:

Post a Comment