Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, March 30, 2012

O Lord You're Beautiful

Before I tell you what God has been teaching me, I want to tell you about The Great Saga.  The Great Saga is an Easter Passion Mime that my church puts on.  I know miming seems stupid.  I thought the same thing until I saw it for the first time, so give it a chance.

Here is a video and all the dates, times and locations for The Great Saga.
http://www.waverlygrace.org/Grace_Baptist_Church/The_Great_Saga.html

Now God has been teaching me many things lately through weakness.  I've been realizing my need for others and my need to seek God.  I've tried to do things on my own and as Dr. Phil would say, "How's that workin' for ya?"  Not great.  I've told people many times that we weren't made to live life alone, so I need to take my advice.  Thank God He's put people in my life that are eager to share the load with me.

Again, I've also been shown I need to seek God.  I have been trying to seek His kingdom and His righteousness, but I think I've missed the forest through the trees.  I've loved His work more than Him.  I need to adjust my focus and fix my gaze on His face not just the work of His hands.

Here is a song that speaks to what I'm trying to do.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jethTOQMZY

O Lord you're beautiful,
Your face is all I seek,
For when your eyes on this child,
your grace abounds to me.

Pray that my focus can be on His face today.

1 comment: