Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Billy Graham Dead at 99

This morning I learned that the most prolific evangelist of all time Billy Graham died in his home.  He was 99.

Billy Graham's death is not a sad time because he was a man that lived out the Great Commission with all vigor.  Today he is in the presence of his Lord and Savior and I'm willing to bet that he was greeted by the phrase, "Well done good and faithful servant.  Come and share in your master's happiness."

When I heard of his death I couldn't help but wonder if he was met in Heaven by the thousands, if not millions, that he introduced to Jesus as their Savior who were this morning excited to introduce him face to face to Jesus.  I wondered what sort of glory he saw this morning and what sort of glory awaits me on the other side of my last breath.

Billy is a man that I admired greatly.  He was a man that focused on the Gospel and on the mission that Christ had given him.  He was not a perfect man but he strived for Godly character and a reputation worthy of his calling.  He is a man worthy of imitation.

I leave you with some of the best Billy Graham quotes below today:

"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead.  Don't believe a word of it.  I shall be more alive than I am now.  I will just have changed my address.  I will have gone into the presence of God."

"I haven't written my own epitaph, and I'm not sure I should.  Whatever it is, I hope it will be simple, and that it will point people not to me, but to the One I served."

"The most thrilling thing about Heaven is that Jesus Christ will be there.  I will see Him face to face.  Jesus Christ will meet us at the end of life's journey."

"Heaven doesn't make this life less important; it makes it more important."

"I am not going to Heaven not because I have preached to great crowds or read the Bible many times.  I'm going to Heaven just like the thief on the cross who said in that last moment: 'Lord remember me."

"The greatest legacy one can pass on to one's children and grandchildren is not money or other material things accumulated in one's life, but rather a legacy of character and faith."

"The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us."

"It is God's job to judge, the Spirit's job to convict, and our job to love."

"I have never known anyone to accept Christ's redemption and later regret it."

"God proved His love on the cross.  When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, 'I love you."

"Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but fruit is grown in the valleys."

"A real Christian is the one who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip."


No comments:

Post a Comment