Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Remove and Replace

This morning at church I was struck by the fact that I don't need just a clean slate.

So often we rejoice in the fact that our sins have been forgiven and we should rejoice in that.  We had a sin debt that was insurmountable, un-payable, and certain to destroy us.  We needed a clean slate.  We needed our sin debt wiped clean.

But we need much more than a clean slate or even a clean heart.  I don't just need a heart that's been cleaned, I need a new heart.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you a heart of stone and give you heart of flesh."  Ezekiel 36:26

I need so much more than forgiveness, I need transformation, I need to be a new creation.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

God is in the removal and replacement business.  God removes our sin from us and replaces it with righteousness.  He will not only forgive us, He will perfect us.  We go from wearing dirty rags to clean robes; not because our rags are washed, but because we've been given new robes.

"The angel said to those who were standing before him, 'Take off his filthy clothes.'  Then he said to Joshua, 'See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you."  Zechariah 3:4

Thank God that He's in the removal and replacement business.  I am so prone to sin that giving me a clean slate isn't enough, I need transformation.

Thank God for His forgiveness and pray for Him to transform you.  Also, take time to listen to this song we worshipped with today.


No comments:

Post a Comment