Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Believing Good News

"Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of you evil behavior.  But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation..."  Colossians 1:21-22

This is such Good News.

I was once an enemy of God.  My behavior was against the ways of God and my mind was set against God.  Before the Gospel collided with my life I could not think about God correctly, my mind was perverted by the power of sin.  I was born into sin and set against God.

But now I've been reconciled to God through Christ.  I did nothing to repair the relationship, God came to me to right the relationship that He didn't wrong.  Jesus' physical body was tortured and crushed for me.  He was killed so that I can have a reconciled relationship with God.

I once was corrupted, stained and guilty.  I was unworthy to be near God.  I was guilty of rebellion against His throne and worthy of the penalty that follows such a rebellion.

But Christ has reconciled me to God.  He will present me holy in God's sight.  I will be holy in the eye of our perfect God's, not by the standard of a man with flaws.  I will be without blemish, not a spot of uncleanliness in my body or in my soul will exist.  I am free from accusation.  Satan is the accuser and tries to bring charges against me, and over and over I'm untouched by his accusations because of what Jesus has done.  I am free from accusation from Satan, other men or even myself.

This is Good News.

Now what?  This Gospel is so great, what do I need to do to earn it?

Nothing, just believe it.

"... if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the Gospel.  This is the Gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant."  Colossians 1:23

All the Good News written above is mine.  My only duty now is to trust that God was telling the truth when He announced the Good News, the peace terms, the reconciliation agreement.  There is no work that earns us salvation, absolutely none.  However, there are times when believing the Gospel can be work.  My mind was once totally perverted by sin and some times I sink back into that.  I doubt the goodness of God.  I have a hard time believing that He would do all that good for me without a payment plan.  If I were God it wouldn't work that way and I, at times, devalue God by thinking that He would act or reason like I do.

Christians, what God says about us is true.  He says we were unworthy of love, and that is true.  He also says He loves us beyond limit, and that is true.  We must believe that we were who we were, but we must also believe that we are who we are now in light of the Gospel.  Continue in your faith, don't be moved from this hope.  This hope is 100% bankable and true.  We are what God says we are.  We are reconciled, holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation.  Hold on to that, don't be moved from that Good News.

Read the words of Scripture that describe your new identity and believe them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment