Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

Today I'm reminded of how much I need a Savior.  I've been much less than what I've been called to be.  I'm a dirty, rotten sinner. 

I hate feeling like this, but I need to feel this way.  I have times when I think I'm pretty good, and people tell me I'm pretty good.  Then there are times when I screw up.  I use people.  I ignore God's Word.  I am prideful.  It's these times this feeling overwhelms me. 

I hate this feeling, but I should thank God for it.  I should thank God for reminders of my need for Him.  And Good Friday is a fantastic day (if the reminder of my extreme depravity is ever fantastic) to get this feeling.

My sins deserve the wrath of God.  My sin and your sin is why Jesus hung on the cross.

I'm a dirty rotten sinner, but thank God that He loves me in spite of that. 

Here's a great song.  Please, take time to worship God at the cross with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment