Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, March 25, 2013

God Meets My Needs

I'm going to use a verse, and I might use it a little out of context.  I'm going to use a verse that Paul wrote while in jail to talk about how God has blessed me in a way He didn't for the saint that wrote the verse.  Still I think it's a great promise and one that was fulfilled in my life.

As many of you know, my fiance and I have been searching for a place to live once we get married in August.  Here was our ideal wish list:

A place available on August 1st because Christine's lease ends on July 31st.
A place with low rent.
A place with a decently sized kitchen.
A place in Waverly.
A place with a good, respectable landlord.

So, we and many others, have been praying for a place like this; but we realized that we would likely not find a place like this.  We figured that I would have to move into a place way before August 1st and we figured we'd have to settle for a small kitchen or something else that we didn't fit our wish list.

Settling was not in God's plan.

God gave us everything on our wish list.  He connected us with a landlord that several of our friends suggested.  He set us up with a place that was $100 cheaper than the next cheapest place we found.  He gave us a place with a big kitchen.  He gave us a place in Waverly.  And on top of all that He gave us a place that was available exactly on August 1st.

God provided for all of our needs and even all of our wants as well.  The place we found has a yard, a deck, a basement, big rooms and more.  God decided to bless us beyond what we'd hoped or expected He would.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

I'm taking this verse slightly out of context, but it explains what God did for Christine and I.

Thank you everyone who prayed for our future home.  We're excited!

I'll end with Paul's benediction from Philippians 4:20:  "To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever.  Amen."

Trust Jesus to meet your needs today.

2 comments: