Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

More Snow Truths

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,'

'As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flurish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my Word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the Lord's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."
Isaiah 55:8-13

God's Word will not return void just as this snow will not return to the sky without first watering the ground and eventually making Iowa's corn grow.  God's Word will accomplish what He desires.  It will make us go out in joy and with peace, for the glory of God.

I'm not going to write much more, but please reflect on the awesomeness of this passage today.

No comments:

Post a Comment