Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Winter Wonderland

I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland.  Here in Waverly we received five inches of bright, white, fluffy snow.  School was cancelled and plows were working hard.  I got the fun job of announcing on air that kids could go back to sleep because all schools were either closed or had late starts.  This morning was a winter wonderland.

In past years I had confidently declared that I hated snow. I hated pushing it.  I hated getting stuck in it.  I hated snow.  And then I met Christine.  My fiance Christine loves snow.  She prays for snow to come.  She wants a snowy 30 degree day and that's what we have today.  Now, I kind of like snow because I know it will make Christine happy.

I love that she loves snow and nature because I asked God to give me someone that is moved by nature.  Christine sees "little" blessings and in doing so reminds me to see them as well.  Now I look for "little" blessings so I can talk with her about them.  I'm glad God gave me someone to help me appreciate more fully the beauty of creation.

Today, Waverly is blanketed in snow and I think it is beautiful.  Don't get me wrong, I want Spring to come quickly, but I'm loving the beauty of today.

In chapter 38 of the book of Job, God challenged Job to answer some questions.  These questions were all rhetorical and pointed toward God's awesome holiness.  One of them stuck out to me today.

"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow or seen the storehouses of the hail...?" Job 38:22

Have you thought about the volume of snow that is covering planet Earth today.  It's unbelievable, unfathomable... we can't even begin to comprehend that much snow.  I'm just talking about what we have here today, let alone what the East Coast got recently.  The Bible says that God has control over all of nature.  All of this snow is God's.  By God's design an unfathomable volume of snow was dropped on Waverly.  I'm not talking about inches, I'm talking volume.  That's tons of snow... literally!

So, look out your window.  Play in the snow.  Instead of complaining about the snow, sit back and think about how the snow is a testimony to our great God.  Be in awe of the "little" blessing of snow today.

No comments:

Post a Comment