Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wisdom Quest IV

Proverbs has been awesome!  It's been awesome to absorb the wisdom of God and it's been nice hearing that some of you have taken up this challenge too.

In Proverbs 25-31 there are a lot of great truths.  Here a just a few:

Proverbs 25:21-22 "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you."

Proverbs 26:11 "As a dog returns to its vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly."

Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another."

Proverbs 28:19 "He who works his land will have abundant food,
but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty."

Proverbs 29:20 "Do you see a man who speaks in haste?
There is more hope for a foot than for him."

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is flawless,
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him."

Proverbs 31 talks about a wife of noble character.

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Men, look for this type of woman.  Women be this type of strong, noble woman.  Men, lets quit spreading the rumor that we want some floozy.  I don't, and I'm sure you don't, want some floozy.  Women, we might like to look at a floozy (we shouldn't want to, but we do), but know that we don't respect that kind of woman at all.

I want the type of wife that is described here.  I pray often for this type of woman to come into my life, and I hope that you do too.

So, read Proverbs.  Devour the words of God's wisdom because "Every word of God is flawless".  Live for God in His wisdom today.

1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    I like reading your stuff. Thanks for the notes on what a Godly woman looks like - I pray for her as well.

    ReplyDelete