Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Spiritual Hunger... Location, Location, Location.

I normally don't do short posts but this is going to be a short post.

Sunday I got the opportunity to teach Sunday School from a book known as "The Purple Book".  The topic was spiritual hunger.

This chapter was a great one.  I got to look at much of Psalm 119 which is full of passages about spiritual hunger.  However, the chapter made me feel more inadequate than excited.  I mean, I want to be spiritually hungry.  But must of the time I'm not.

This is the Catch 22 I'm in, I want to desire.  Huh?  How is that possible?  I want to want to.  But that is exactly where I am.  I want to want to.  I desire to desire.  I hunger to be hungry.

In light of this I want to encourage you to read some of Psalm 119.

Also, I'll leave you with something my wise friend Harold said:

"If you want to be hungry go where the food smells good."

That seems like a simple fix.  Go where the food smells good.  Find a good Bible teaching church.  Get involved in an active Bible study.  Go to the Word itself.  Go where the food smells good and you are sure to get hungry.

So, desire to desire.  Go where the food smells good and get hungry for the sweet honey of God's Word today.

No comments:

Post a Comment