Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Top 10 Posts of 2021

 The end of another year is here.  In 2021 I read my Bible through in a year (at least I will if I don't give up in the last two days).  Let me begin this post with a defense of "just reading" the Bible.  I do Bible study and meditation, but when I do my read the Bible in a year reading I usually "just read" it.  Now, some would say, and I used to say, that if one reads at too quick a pace it's fruitless.  Well, after doing another year of reading my Bible in a year I don't find that true.  "Just reading" has increased my recall of the entire Bible.  It has helped me see trends and patterns throughout large swaths of books and the Bible as a whole and to become more familiar with the Bible in general.

So, if your 2022 resolution is reading the Bible in a year, I encourage you to not approach "just reading" the Bible, rather than doing an in-depth study, as pointless.  Just read the Bible any way you can.

With that prelude done, below are the Top 10 posts of mine from the year 2021.  Perhaps this Top 10 isn't a very accurate list and is just a random ten, but when I compiled the list it felt Top 10.  

Top 10 Posts of 2021

1)  Christians Must Not Spread Fake News

2) Beware of Idols

3) Honor Your Parents to Maximize Joy

4) The 10th Commandment and the Green-Eyed Monster

5) Godly Sorrow

6) The Incomparably Awesome Judge

7) Give Unity a Shot

8) O, Be Careful Little Thumbs What You Post

9) Gratitude

10) Rejoice Not




No comments:

Post a Comment