Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Challenge Abandoned

I'm ending my Lent Challenge for this year.

For the past many years I have blogged every day during Lent.  I love this discipline because it helps fix my eyes on Jesus and His Word each year.  But this year I'm ending it early.

I'm ending it early because we are going on vacation.  My family is going to Arizona.  We will be in Phoenix and Flagstaff.  We get to see the Grand Canyon, family and so much more.  We fly out tomorrow and I want to be more present while there and I don't want to bring the laptop, so I'm not continuing.

I'm excited to go.  We haven't had all of us in the same room for a long time.  My brother from Minneapolis and his family, my sister from Australia and her family, my step-brother from Louisiana and his wife, and my step-brother from Marion and his family and my mom and step-dad are all coming.  My family spans the globe and we all get to be together.  This is thrilling.

My step-dad is the main reason for this trip.  He just finished his radiation and chemotherapy.  This is the trip he wanted us all to go on to celebrate what he's gotten through.  I'm praying he has enough energy to enjoy this trip of a lifetime.

So, thank you all for reading, whether this is the first post you've read or if you've read every day.  Thanks for keeping me accountable.  It's been good again and it's going to be good to hang it up for a week.  I will continue to blog at least once a week after this.

I'm ready to see family and to see sights that will cause me to awe.  Pray for a safe trip and refreshing trip for all of us today.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying you all have a great trip and make a lot of wonderful memories for the years to come!I Love all of you so much!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete