Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, April 5, 2019

But God

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience... among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ... by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:1-5


These are our church's Fighter Verses for last week and this week.  These verses are full of powerful, Gospel reminders.  These verses make us humble, grateful, joyful, evangelical people.

Before I was reborn, I was dead.  I wasn't an OK person, I was dead.  I wasn't missing something in my life, I was dead.  Those who aren't saved are not good people who could use a little religion in their lives, they are dead men walking.

Before I was reborn, I was a child of wrath.  I was not destined simply to die and never live again.  No, I was destined to have the wrath of God poured out on me.  And if God was against me who could be for me?  Those who are not regenerated by faith in Jesus are in danger of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 

Before I was reborn I was not a free agent, I was a subject of Satan.  Those who are not born again are not their own master, they are slaves to their passions and the prince of the power of the air.


But is one of the great three letter words in the Bible.  We were in a whole lot of trouble, but God didn't leave us there.  God is rich in mercy.  God didn't give me what I deserve.  God loves us with a great love.  God made the dead become alive.  God made me alive together with Christ.  Jesus died for me so I can live with Him. 

"By grace you have been saved."


God isn't just merciful.  God didn't just not give me what I deserve, God gave me what I don't deserve.  I don't deserve any of the rebirth I have.  I don't deserve to be reborn.  I didn't and couldn't earn it. 

It is by grace I have been saved!

This passage is so straightforward.  I don't need to expand too much on it.  Instead, just read this passage several times and think deeply and repeatedly about what it says.  Then praise God for His great mercy, his amazing grace and His deep love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment