Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Lent Challenge 2017

Today is Ash Wednesday which marks the beginning of the season of Lent.  Lent is traditionally a season of fasting with 40 days of fasting and 6 Sundays leading up to Easter.

This year I will continue to do what I've done for Lent since 2011, I will write a blog post every day.  I do this because I want to be transformed by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2).  Each year when I do this I find myself training my mind to look for God's presence and leading daily.  In order to daily write I must have something to write about and since I write almost exclusively about my Christian race I must have had some semblance of a cohesive thought about my God and/or my reaction to Him.

Most people fast during Lent and that is a great thing.  Fasting, whether from food or a food or some other pleasure, fixes our minds on God.  If you are one who will give something up for Lent beginning today I encourage you to do something that isn't simply self-improvement but rather that is worshipful.  When we worship we will experience self-improvement a.k.a. sanctification, but don't make self-improvement be the main goal of your Lenten fast; make knowing Christ (Philippians 3:8) and tasting and seeing that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8) be your main goal.

So, keep me accountable during Lent.  I will try to stay faithful in the seventh year of this Lent Challenge.

Also, I hope that these daily writings might encourage you as well.  I won't pretend to write as helpful posts as you could find in a daily devotional, but I do hope that we can mutually encourage one another while it is still called Today (Hebrews 13:3).

Join me in tasting and seeing that the Lord is good this Lenten season beginning today.


No comments:

Post a Comment