Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, March 18, 2016

The Great Saga 2016

Tonight was the first showing of The Great Saga: An Easter Passion Mime at Grace Baptist Church in Waverly.  This is an Easter tradition at our church and is always very good.  There are two more shows left and I encourage you to attend.  Remaining shows are: Sunday, March 20th at 7:00 at the Center Inn in Readlyn and Wednesday, March 23 at 7:00 at Grace.

Many of you may hear the word "mime" and shut the idea of going down.  Don't let the word "mime" scare you away.  The performance has no spoken words but is powerfully moving by utilizing acting, a mixture of instrumental and popular songs, and crowd interaction.  So, give it a chance and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I've seen The Great Saga every year and every year I'm struck by another aspect of the Gospel story.  This year I couldn't avoid realizing my guilt.  In one scene in particular I was unable to shake the guilt of my sin.  To quote a song, "It was my sin that held Him there..."  Then the performance continued the Gospel story and reminded me of the loving forgiveness offered to me.  The guilty given grace.

I encourage you to consider attending The Great Saga.

Take time to remember what God has done for us, guilty sinners, today.




No comments:

Post a Comment