Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sing a New Song

Psalm 40:1-4
"I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
 and put their trust in the Lord.
Blessed is the man
who makes the Lord his trust."

Psalm 149:1-5
"Praise the Lord.
Sing to the Lord a new song,
His praise in the assembly of the saints.
Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the people of Zion be glad in their King.
Let them praise His name with dancing
and make music to Him with tambourine and harp.
For the Lord takes delight in His people;
He crowns the humble with salvation.
Let the saints rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds."

Psalm 150
"Praise the Lord
Praise God in His sanctuary;
praise Him in His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power,
praise Him for His surpassing greatness.
Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet,
Praise Him with the harp and lyre,
praise Him with tambourine and dancing,
praise Him with the strings and flute,
praise Him with the clash of cymbals,
praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord."

Lord, put a new song in our hearts.  Thank you for lifting us out of the mud and mire and slim that was our lives without you.  Thank you for taking delight in losers like us.  You are great and worthy of praise and we will praise you.  Amen.

God has a new song in your heart.  That song is your new life filled with new desires.  Sing your new song today.

2 comments:

  1. "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD."
    "This is the air I breathe, your holy presence living in me."
    "Hungry I come to you for I know you satisfy."
    "You are my strength when I am weak, you are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all."

    God you are the essentials in our lives...living proof that we can't survive without you. Unite our hearts for your glory...you can change hearts, change my heart oh God. Make it ever true. Change my heart of God, may I be like you. May I glorify you in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes. Thanks, Matt. I now feel like dancing.

    ReplyDelete