Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Avatar

In the movie Avatar a group of marines are stationed on the moon Pandora. The marines are humans but when they get into this machine they take over the body of a Na 'vi, which is the native alien (oxymoron) to Pandora. Getting into this machine to control the Na 'vi body is why the movie is called Avatar.


Despite Sam Worthington's lack of acting, the movie is really fun.  However, I'm not going to write a review of the movie.  


The dictionary definition, one of them at least, of Avatar is "an embodiment or personification, as of a principle, attitude, or view of life."  This definition is why the marines called the bodies they took over their Avatar.


Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."


"I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."


Are you an Avatar for Christ or do you contend that you can do alone?  Jesus wants you.  That not only means that He wants you to love Him.  It means that He wants you... all of you.  You were designed to be His Avatar so that "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."


So, how do we do this?  "I have been crucified with Christ."  We must die to ourselves.  


Galatians 6:14 "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me and I to the world."


To be crucified with Christ is a one time experience and a daily routine.  Meaning, yes the victory is won for me at the cross and salvation; but to run this race daily, I must die to the world daily.


"I no longer live, but Christ live in me."  Pray this with me: "Jesus, kill my self.  Daily.  I want to be your Avatar.  Live through me so that I can truly glorify you."


Be an Avatar for Jesus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment