Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

In Christ Alone

Today as we worshipped I was drawn to the lyrics of "In Christ Alone" by Keith Getty and Stuart Townsend.  A few of the lyrics really jumped out to me as we sang.

"Till on that cross as Jesus died,
the wrath of God was satisfied."

This line has deep Gospel truths in it and it is offensive to its core.  The Gospel says that our sin was deserving of God's righteous wrath.  Now, some have tried to change the line to "the love of God was magnified" which the cross most definitely did magnify the love of God, but the actual line of the song is so true.  My sins needed to be paid for and Jesus took that wrath for me.

"For I am His and He is mine,"

What great news.  Jesus purchased me with His blood from the slavery of sin and into the Kingdom of Light.  Not only that, but the Gospel says that Jesus is mine.  The best thing we get in the Gospel is God Himself.

"From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny."

It is so good to know that God is sovereign over my life.  It is so good to know my son's life, from beginning to end, is in the hands of Christ.  Life is not happenstance, it is in the control of our Sovereign God.

"No power of Hell, no scheme of man,
can ever pluck me from His hand."

Romans 8:38-39 proclaims this truth so well.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

Please listen to "In Christ Alone" and think about the Gospel truths it proclaims.


No comments:

Post a Comment