Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, February 27, 2015

My Wife's Smart

Here is a post my wife wrote the other day. Take a look at this and when you're done look for the miracles in your life today.

Our God is a God of miracles.  This is a phrase I recently read in a book by Karen Kingsbury.  Which is funny because earlier today I was thinking about a question they asked us at the end of confirmation (when I was in 7th or 8th grade).  Talk about random…

The question was something along the lines of “What is something that you consider a miracle?”  At the time, I wrote down that a baby was a miracle.  This is very true-I mean think about it.  How do our bodies form exactly the way they’re supposed to the majority of the time?  If something was even the tiniest fraction off from the way it’s supposed to be, life wouldn’t exist.  We have exactly the right level of acids/bases in our cells.  We hold the only temperature that we could survive at. Our cells couldn’t survive on their own and yet they come together to make a human that can think, feel, read, write, or encourage.  I work as a labor and delivery nurse, and trust me, hearing babies take their first breath and cry for the first time is one of the greatest miracles there is.  We were after all, knitted together perfectly in our mother’s womb.

So my answer back then was true.  But I was so narrow minded-I’m sure that about half the people in my class had the same answer because that’s the cliché, “Babies are miracles.”  Honestly, I remember thinking that that was the only thing I could think of.

If I had to the answer that question today, I have no idea what I would say, and not because I can’t think of anything.  I was driving home from today and thinking about that question and about the possible answers.  A rainbow is a miracle.  The water bends the light just perfectly to send bands of color across the sky.  Snowflakes are miracles.  Every snowflake is different and if you’ve ever seen pictures of snowflakes up close-you know what I’m talking about.  The mountains are miracles.  Someone seeing that God is real and giving his or her life to follow him is a miracle.  It says in the Bible that we can only see God and know that he is real when he removes the veil from our eyes.

There are endless miracles all around us.  Miracles happen every single day. We just have to open our eyes to the possibilities that simple things can count as a miracle.  Miracles aren’t always big and flashy.  They aren’t always unexplainable. (Many of the things I wrote about above can be explained by science, but that doesn’t make them any less of a miracle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment