Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Words of Wisdom for Graduates

Many high school and college graduations have already taken place this year (i.e. my two little cousins Jessica and Kayla).  Some graduations are still to come (i.e those of my little brother Patrick and friends still at Wartburg).  I want to first say, congratulations.

I also want to remind you of what the Bible promises you as you take your next big step in life.

"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."- Joshua 1:9

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."- Psalm 199:105

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."- Proverbs 19:21

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."- Romans 8:28

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."- Colossians 3:12

Congratulations on graduating, but remember that you are nothing without Christ and everything with Christ.  Take Christ with you as you cross the stage at graduation into your new life.  And for those of us that have already graduated, do what you were made to do.  Glorify God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment