Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eternal Life

I, personally, will say almost nothing in this blog.  Below are excerpts from John about Eternal Life in Christ:


John 3:16-
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

John 4:13-14
“Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 5:24
“I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”

John 6:40
“For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 11:25-26
"I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live forever, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.  Do you believe this?"

John 12:25
“The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.”

John 17:2-3
“For you have granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.  Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”

This is good news!  I wonder if I would love Jesus even without the promise of eternal life, but I will never need to worry about that.  Our awesome savior gives us himself forever!  

Think about forever with Jesus today.






No comments:

Post a Comment