Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

8 Years of Being Here

 "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." 

Proverbs 18:22

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary.  How can so much have happened since that Summer day?  How can I love her more than I did then?  How did we live before kids?  Seriously, I don't remember.

The last 8 years have been the best years of my life.  Perfect?: No.  Best.  I have gotten what is good and received favor from the LORD.  I have a partner, a friend, a lover and my closest family member in her.  I have watched her birth children, love foster children, deal with my crazy schedule, put up with me and grow more beautiful by the day.

8 years ago Christine walked down the aisle at Grace Baptist Church to my recording of "I Will Be Here" (thanks Kat, Cody and Austin).  8 years ago those words felt true and today I know they are.  I didn't know exactly what marriage was going to look like for real, but I knew I wanted to find out with Christine Marie.  Today I know that my promise was to cleave to her and to try my hardest to love her well.  I too often fail at loving well, but I refuse to fail at staying.  

Happy Anniversary, Christine!  The promise remains: I will be here.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment