Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Happy 30th Birthday, Christine!

 Today is my wife's 30th birthday!

She is spending today pregnant with my child and navigating "hold me" requests from my other two children and hanging out with her parents.  She is the wonderful mother of my children.  She is my best friend and lover.  She is a gift from God to me.

I have been blessed to have spent most of her 20's loving her.  

I first laid eyes on Christine in January of her 20th year.  She sat in the front pew as I spoke to a group about Ephesians chapter 6.  It was not love at first.

 Later that Summer I began to notice her character and personality and started to become interested.  By the Fall I had taken her out on our first date and I quickly fell in love.  

In January of her 21st year I proposed to her.  We were married in August of her 22nd year.  I hit a home run.

In years 22, 23, 24 and 25 I loved her deeply as my beautiful wife.  In May of her 26th year I began to love my Christine as the mother of my child.  In November of her 28th year I loved her as my beautiful partner in foster parenting  In February of her 28th year I loved her as the mother of my children.

On her 29th birthday I began to love her as my lovely quarantine partner.  Year 29 of Christine's life was, to say the least, an odd one and yet a wonderful one.  I'm so glad to have been madly in love with the woman I've spent so much time with.

Christine, loving you during your 20's has been a privilege.  The love we've had, shared and made during this span of your life has meant so much to me.   My only regret is I didn't love you at first sight that January morning.

Christine, a toast to a more normal year in your 30th year, for all of us.  And a toast to this new decade of me loving you being even more deep, rich, rewarding, satisfying and fun than the last decade. 

Thank you for letting me love you today.




No comments:

Post a Comment