Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Sunday, February 10, 2019

How to Bless the Father's Heart

Eight days ago my daughter Anna Kathleen was born.  She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long.  She came quick, as in barely made it to the hospital quick.  The moment she came out of her beautiful mother and was placed on Christine's chest my chest swelled with pride.  My strong and beautiful wife had given birth to a beautiful girl.

Later that day I went up and picked up Joshua and my foster daughter.  Our foster daughter is 18 months old and is a little young to understand, but 21 month old Joshua was excited to meet his baby sister.  He was in love right away.  He held her on his lap and hugged and kissed her.  And a few days later he said his first ever "I love you" not to me or my wife but to his baby sister.  Our hearts swelled to the point of bursting.  I don't think there is anything more joy producing as a parent than witnessing your children love one another.

"How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron's beard,
down upon the collar of his robes.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows His blessings,
even life forevermore." Psalm 133



My children will fight.  My children will be jealous of each other.  My children will drive each other nuts.  Yet the moments of sweet love are a taste of Heaven and right now we are getting a lot of that taste.

Christians, it must be the same for God.  Our Heavenly Father must delight when His children dwell in unity and love.  The offering of unity is better than that of expensive oil being poured out to God.  Our unity is worshipful.

Christians, how often do we express our love for one another?  How often do we give God the worship of unity?  Does our Heavenly Father delight in seeing us enjoy one another or are our interactions more of a "Do I need to pull this car over?" moment?  How often do we yield our rights to benefit our spiritual sibling?  How often do you pray for the fellow members of your local church?  How often do you pray for other local churches in your community? 

Watching my children love each other blesses my heart, even when that means my toddler nearly smothers his infant sister.

"By this all men will know you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35


Bless the heart of our Heavenly Father.  Love one another today.

No comments:

Post a Comment