Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Fighting for Faith

My grandma is in the I.C.U.

Things at the moment are not good.  I won't get into the details, but she's sedated and on a ventilator in critical condition.

My grandma, my Mimi, has been like this since this Monday.  Just last Wednesday she was visiting Christine and me and eating a big steak at the diner.  This has all happened so fast that we don't know how to feel.

Things are not good.

This morning I read Psalm 107.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

I trust that what I read this morning is true.  I trust that God is good, that He is the very definition of good.  I trust that His love endures forever and that He is the very definition of love.  I do trust God and I'm trusting that whatever happens with my grandma will be a expression of my God's goodness and unending love, but it's a fight.

I can hear right now in my mind my Mimi singing "God is so good, God is so good, God is so good.  He's so good to me."  I've repeated Psalm 107:1 over and over this morning in prayer because I am fighting for faith.  Fighting for faith to believe that God is good and loving.

My grandma is still in the I.C.U. as I type this.  She's doing worse today than she ever has.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
His love endures forever."

How is this God's goodness?  How is this God's love?

I don't know.

I'm praying that God heals my Mimi.  I'm praying that I see His goodness and eternal love in healing.  I want this badly and so does my entire family.

I'm also praying for faith.  Faith that trusts God's goodness and love no matter how things turn out.  I'm praying this for myself and my family and my grandma.

Please pray this for us, too.  Pray that God would choose to heal my grandma and pray that God would give us supreme trust in Him today.




No comments:

Post a Comment