Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Friday, March 14, 2014

God's Word Always Wins

"As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:9-11

There are times in my life when I wonder if I'm making a difference.  Do you ever feel this way?  One of the gifts of the Spirit entrusted to me is the gift of teaching.  I feel called and somewhat equipped to teach others to Word of God.  But sometimes I wonder if what I do makes a difference.

Some of you are thinking of comments to post to encourage me in this.  Likely you've been given the gift of encouragement if this is the impulse you're experiencing now.  But before you begin to think of encouraging things to type I want you to know that the verses above are my encouragement.

You see, if I feel faithfully teach and proclaim the Word of God I will be successful and I will make a difference.  Often I wonder how I'm making a difference or where I'm making a difference or when I'm making a difference, but because of verses like those above from Isaiah I should never wonder IF God's Word is making a difference.

God's Word will never return empty, or void as the King James Version says.  God's Word will accomplish what God desires.  God's Word will achieve the purpose for which God sent it.

This take all the pressure off of me!  I need to be less self-centered and I need to be more God focused.  When I'm self-centered I believe Satan's lies that I could screw up God's plan.  But when I'm God focused I realize that God WILL achieve His purposes all the time and if I'm faithful to proclaim His Word I will get a chance to achieve His purposes with Him.

God's Word always gets its man.  God's Word always wins.  My job is to teach God's Word faithfully so I can be a part of the victory.  This is a huge encouragement in my life.  I hope it encourages you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment