Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Things I'm Thankful For

Thanksgiving is just a few days away.  Here is a list of a few things I'm thankful for.

1) My new wife.  I thank God for her everyday.  She's amazing.

2) My family.  They've always been there for me and as I get older I'm more thankful for them.

3) My new family.  Christine's family has accepted me so warmly.  I'm glad I found a beautiful woman with a fun family.

4) My church.  Grace has helped me grow in so many ways.  They are my family in Waverly.

5) My friends.  There are too many to list and they are fantastic.

6) My job.  I don't make a lot of money and I don't have a lot of benefits, but how many people get paid to do what they love to do?

7) My home.  Our house is so perfect for us and our landlord is the best in town.

8) My community.  Waverly has become home to me.  It's hard to believe I've been here for the better part of eight and a half years.  It has everything I need and it feels like a small town.

9) My health.  I have been, and hopefully will continue to be, blessed with good health.

10) My Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.  He is my rock and my redeemer.  He's the reason that I live.  He did what I cannot do and I owe it all to Him.

I have so much to be thankful for.  Far more than ten things.  I can't think of much more I could ask for.

That all being said, if I have numbers one through nine but don't have number ten, it is all a waste.  Life, health, friends, family and work are all a supreme waste of time without Jesus.  Why would I want to gain the whole world and lose my soul.  In fact, I hope to be able to say if I lost all of the first nine but kept the tenth that I'd feel like a king.

If you don't have number ten in your life, you are missing out on true blessings.  You are missing out on the real reason to be thankful.  You're missing out on the one thing that will keep you thankful for eternity.  If you don't have Jesus, you're life is a waste.  But here's good news... Jesus is available to you today.  Ask Him to be your Lord and Savior.  Ask Him to take the wheel of your life and watch how thankful you will be.  You'll never regret it.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Be thankful for the blessings in life and the Great Blesser today.

No comments:

Post a Comment