Welcome

Paul says we Christians are running a race. Here's what I'm looking at on my run toward Christ.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Keeping Up with the Kardashians

For my job we play a lot of sound clips from various forms of entertainment.  This morning we played a clip from Oprah's interview with the Kardashian family.

In the clip we played Oprah asked Kim why she got a divorce.  Oprah asked if Kris Humphries, her former husband of 72 days, abused her or treated her poorly.  Kim said, "No".  Oprah then asked if she was bored with Kris.  Kim said, "Yes, but you don't leave someone because you are bored.  I just had a hole in my heart and the marriage wasn't right for me." (paraphrased from memory)

She said she had a hole in her heart.  Now, this morning my job was to make a joke about the interview but really I feel for Kim.

Kim has money and fame.  She has dated NFL stars, has been married to an NBA player and now is dating world-famous rapper Kanye West.  She is told by everyone that she is beautiful.  People pay attention to her every move.  She has the world at her fingertips.

But she has a hole in her heart.

She has everything the world can offer yet she feels that there is a hole in her heart and because of that I feel for her.

Kim, and you for that matter, will not fill that hole in her heart through money, fame, sex, success or companionship.

Blaise Pascal once said, "There is a God-sized vacuum in the heart of every person, and it can never be filled by any created thing.  It can only be filled by God, made known through Jesus Christ."

See, stuff can't do it.  Stuff will not fulfill us... Jesus will.

Jesus said, "I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full."  John 10:10

Jesus is the only way to fill that hole in Kim Kardashian's heart and your heart; don't look anywhere else.  Fill your heart and mind with God, made known through Jesus Christ, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment